Saturday 29 December 2007

DigiFlight II, trim, AoA and other wiring runs.

I have started on the wiring as a change from working on the baffles. In this first picture you see the wire to the roll servo, and the flap position switch for the AoA.





















The wires you see here, are from the trim and from the pitch servo. I have tried to leave a little slack in the bundle in case I ever have to remake the plug.





















All of the wires come together at a junction underneath the LH step. The tab strip is now fully populated except for the wires from the stick. The bundle going forward - top left hand of the picture - contains all the wires from the pitch and role servos, trim, fuel pump, flaps, PTT, and A/P disconnect. This bundle at the last count contains 24 conductors in total. And I am building a simple RV!

The trim speed switches between fast and slow automatically, depending on flap position. In order to keep it simple, I decided not to have an additional manual switch controlling this. If it fails I will just trim at the speed that remains.

This is all of the wiring on the LHS of the aircraft with the exception of the loom for a magnetometer in the LH wing tip. I had forgotten that.

The strobe power, and headset wiring, will be on the RHS.

No comments: